Etsy Promo Love Interview: TooFashion


Today I am happy to
introduce Mayari of TooFashion from Mexico.

-Bio:
Hello, my name is Mayari Barragán Aroche, living in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico with my husband and my beautiful cat nucita. Cancun is a beautiful place and source of much inspiration.

I studied design at Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes in Mexico City, I majored in graphic design, textile and industrial. My husband and I have a graphic design office, but I drew the design of jewelry for the wide variety of materials, colors, shapes and especially the great creative freedom.

-Where are you originally from?
I was born in Mexico City, at seven years I went to live in Veracruz until age 20. I returned to the City to study at university.
-How did you choose the lovely name for your Etsy Shop?
It is the combination of design, color, texture, shape, etc. It's how I managed to say everything it means to me the work I do.

-How did you find Etsy? How long have you been selling on Etsy?
Two years I've been selling on Etsy. I knew existed, thanks to a good friend who I showed him my work and told me that the perfect place to sell was Etsy. Actually I am very grateful because I showed the possibilities of the internet.

-How would you describe your style? Have any other artists etc influenced your style?
I do not think I have a definite style, the highlight of my items are combinations of color and texture. I love looking at the materials and feel, as I believe that something important when you get an accessory is to feel comfortable.
- How did you first come to art and creativity? How did your journey in art and creativity begin?
I like to see magazines, look at what are the seasonal colors, styles and trends. Also my supplies before I start I like to have everything and I designed as a puzzle: design, color and texture.

-How long have you been creating? that you love so much?
Four years I've been doing my dream.
I started designing a day that I walked into a shop where they sell material, I was struck and diverse amount of materials. I took several courses to learn techniques and then sett. I do not like buying a single type material, buy little and treatment are also unusual materials, the main thing in my items is not to make large scale, more than 5 or 6, I feel that this saved their essence. In addition to the person who buys one of my items is sure to have something unique.

-What are your main sources of inspiration?
My main inspirations are the place where I live, magazines, my supplies and I really like look for ideas.

-Have you had any mentors, or are you self taught?
When I started, I took some classes to learn the basics, then I became self-taught. But when there is a technique that is worth taking classes, I do. Really anything goes!
-Do you sell more at one time of year than others?
I sell more in Spring and Christmas.

-What is one thing about your creative process that you think most people don't know?
Well, I think I have more pressure when I'm more creative. I know it must be the other way, but I like the result!

-How has life affected your art and art affected your life?
At first it was hard to step out to sell my work, I really had no idea how. My husband was very supportive and helped me with time and now I'm learning is easier. I think that everything that went through was worth it because I enjoy what I do.

-Do you have a favorite item you have made?
My favorite item is the bracelet chinese coin, was the first item I sold and published in the Bead Unique Magazine.

-What is the best reaction you have gotten from one of your pieces?
As I said in the magazine publishing and selling my bracelet around the world, is a great satisfaction.

-Your message for all of us?
Perseverance and patience is all for a dream.

Her catalogue is available in www.2fashion.com.mx

Share

5 comments:

Atelier Pompadour said...

beautiful interview and lovely creations!!

IKABAGS said...

Wonderful interview , so happy and thanks for sharing this talented artist ;)

Well done

Cheers from happy mother Feyza

Happybee said...

great interview and wonderful creations!!!!

Mairi said...

Great interview :) I already known her shop, beautiful items and wonderful pictures :)

Rely said...

Great interview:)
I love the creations that she made!!